Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Right Time





Im posted here at my desk listening to "regrets" from reasonable doubt, shoe shopping, all of a sudden the line "the lonely stoner seems to free his mind at night" finds its in between my debate of whether to buy high or low tops (low). I ask myself 'why did he say that?' the reason is because its true. My stoner days are behind me (1month+) but i realize theres something about the night that makes it the ideal creative environment. I notice ive written everything ive posted here late at night. Why? Because the night is simply more still, more tranquil. Personally, my subconscious mind recognizes that everyone else in my home is fast asleep. The normal noise of fax machines, televisions, microwaves & pre-teen bands that fill the air of my home are replaced with silence. The sound of my creative gears turning soon follows. Darkness is covered in uncertainty. It makes us walk a little lighter because it takes a way a little of the confidence we exhibit during the day. At 3pm you can see miles ahead of you; while at 3am your lucky to see 300ft ahead, I find a certain social security in the dark. It for a lack of better words gets rid of the bullshit. There's no ambiguity in people's intentions at night. The people outdoors are minding their own business or breaking the law. Their professional obligations have ended and theyve chosen to spend a little of their free time away from the monotonous 9-5 crowd that litters the day. {-SIDEBAR- The night reveals your personality in the same parallel going to college does. (what?) In the sense that you could be at home {hell your expected to be at home} but you arent. The same way that after high school you could join the work force or the military, but youve chosen to take the next step in your education. I see them both as examples of taking an extra-step and going further than expected, one socially the other academically. } The safety outside is symbolized by the darkness outside my window & the silence within, upon this dual environmental transformation my creative mind reveals itself as a turtle does from its shell.




Savor the darkness..
Ds&Ps

No comments:

Post a Comment