Saturday, August 15, 2009

Scene Change











About a week ago I decided to take a trip up to the Pocono Mountains and I must say it's the best decision I've made all summer. I haven't seen another car or person in over a week. I cut up a few fallen trees with a chainsaw, caught a few fish and cooked them over an open fire and I probably had the best view of the recent meteor shower out of anyone I know. I never considered myself as a fan of the outdoors but this trip has proved otherwise. It's just so peaceful up here. When night falls it falls HARD. Visibility is nonexistent up here and I love it. I can yell as loud as i want, play music throughout the cabin at full volume and not have to worry about disturbing anyone. I've found there are lessons to be learned outside of city life. I've developed an appreciation for the wilderness, the places on earth that have remained untouched by the hands of men. Places where simplicity and dense vegetation still remain. I absolutely want to have a house in a location where nature steals the scene every season. Locations such as these have a power of which I was unaware. The power to make one forget. I brought my laptop with me to write but even with all the comforts of home, wireless internet and cable television, I find myself outside hiking or climbing trees rather than on the couch watching television with my computer on my lap. I haven't browsed FBK nearly as much because frankly I have no interest in what others are doing or what's on their minds. Your new pictures from the beach or the song lyric you put in your status holds no weight up here haha. It seems as if I have the whole world to explore up here and what has occurred on the internet has already been recorded and will be in its location when I return. I feel rejuvenated, the air's fresher and I've amazingly awoken everyday at 8am on the dot without an alarm clock. My mind is clear and my nerves are calmed. Yes, the scene change has been good to me.





Change Locations
Ds&Ps

1 comment:

  1. Changing locations is always good, especially when you live in a city as foul as Philadelphia.

    ReplyDelete