Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Burry Me As...

[A cool photo and an interesting concept.]



I was recently thinking about death ( I know its a bit early). My thinking transformed from when and how I'd like to die (laughing of course) to what I want to be remembered as when I'm gone. I was not the person I am now until recently. My road to self discovery epitomized trial and error. I was constantly going through a trial of some sort (none criminal thankfully) and made enough errors for two people. Errors which others still use to define me. Upon seeing these people I would go out of my way to try and impress them in an attempt to exhibit the changes I've made. However, it is called the past because time has done just that. I have surrounded myself with too many open minded, nonjudgmental, forward thinking people to expend my efforts attempting to gratify the closed minded. As I ride along the road of self improvement I've concluded the aspects of my character I want to be especially remembered. First and foremost I want to be remembered as someone who loved to have fun. Someone who had impeccable taste in all aspects of life. Someone with life experience. Someone who was always well dressed and groomed. Someone who valued quality over quantity. Someone with a great sense of humor. A great father and husband. Someone who was charming. Someone who always put things in perspective. Someone who was always logical and reasonable. Someone who was well mannered. Someone who had an impeccable vocabulary. Someone who appreciated his friends. Someone who gave great advice. Someone who knew his talent and had a career which exhibited and exercised it. Someone who mastered his craft. Someone who was easy going and often in good spirits. Someone who was useful. Someone who worked to improve society and did. Someone who learned from every mistake he made. A great cook. Someone who appreciated appearances and vanity without being superficial. Someone who lived admirably. These are all characteristics I plan to maximize simultaneously as I age. This could be perceived as wanting to be perfect. I however, do not believe perfection exists on earth. I simply see a human being who possessed these characteristics as someone I would have the utmost respect for, someone I would look to for guidance, and someone I would gravitate towards.




Ds&Ps

No comments:

Post a Comment