Monday, May 4, 2009

Introduction, M.O &Tattoo


Goodevening,

My name is Don im in my 19 and im located in philadelphia. Ive finally decided to create a blog. i dont know what to expect from this, im not really expecting anything, maybe some opposing input to my posts. ive seen blogs depicted on TV & in the news , my friend maya has one (hello smitheroo) im often very interested in her posts but i couldnt decipher the text so i figured making one would familiarize me with this whole system. Im not saying i made a blog simply because she did but it was definitely a pro.

The main reason i chose to do this is because i see this as a great way to get my current thoughts out in writing, if i have any ideas or feelings i can toss it on here and get it out of my brain. Itll also be cool to refer back to them in the future and look at what my thoughts were. I dont know who will be reading this, it is open to the public therefor i wanted to make few things clear. I view myself as a compilation of many things. things being an umbrella term for styles, views, opinions, others. In my short life time i have had the privilege of living in both impoverished as well as affluent neighborhoods. I have had friends who live in both, who wear girbode's and jordans as well as friends who wear RL's prospect flat front chino and topsiders. I am well versed in both sides and they have combined to make me who I am. Therefore my posts will use language thats eloquent & profound as well as language full of slang and colloquialisms. Make no mistake your going to hear some real shit thats going to provoke thinking everytime. Either way whether you agree or disagree with my thoughts. I want whom ever is reading this to know that i respect your opinion as a human being and would love to hear any input: likes dislikes opposing and concurring points of view, everything is welcome. All i ask is that you be respectful because i sure as hell will.

In case you were wondering L.F.D.L the name of this blog is an acronym for "
Live Free Die Laughing" which is the phrase i have my tattooed on my arm. I got it on the 4th of July in fact. its a phrase my buddy terrence and i thought up about how to live. i believe one should...well live free, find out who they are as a person and everything they do or put their hands on should embody/resemble who they are. If i painted a picture id want people..people who know me at least, to say "thats don..it suits his personality to a T" The 2nd part is what people sometimes get confused. Most see "die laughing" as kind of a radical statement advocating recklessness and living haphazardly. When infact the thought behind it refers in a way to living free. Living free leads to happiness, happiness is symbolized laughing. Thus the statement means do what you love until you die. if you live this way and by chance you are able to see death coming, you can look back with on your life with no regrets and you'll truly be able to laugh in the face of death. Fly Right? haha i think it is....
Thats the only Tattoo i have because its the only one i needed. Its a bold statement in a subtle location. the best of both worlds..Looking forward to more of these

Be Cool
Ds&Ps
D.L Ward II

No comments:

Post a Comment