Monday, September 28, 2009

Death.

I recently saw a film made in the 1970's entitled "Faces of Death". The film guides the viewer through various explicit and disturbing violent acts and ways to die. In this film banned in over 50 nations, we're shown a man being decapitated, a patrolman attacked by an alligator and a fugitive shot to death by police officers among other similar events. Faces of Death has immediately become one of my favorite films for one reason. It sheds light on the aspect of life we all choose to keep in the corners of our minds. We've developed a world that refuses to acknowledge our own destiny. Death is a part of life, and on a grand scale I'm not certain I would label it unfortunate. Yes, it saddens all of us to lose family and friends, but death is a necessary evil. Without it our earth would be plagued with extreme overpopulation making life virtually unlivable. The film explores international customs, murder, attack and suicide in great visual detail. Death has always fascinated me because despite its familiarity humanity does not have a complete grasp on it. It is only when we understand death that we'll obtain a better understanding of reality. Personally I do not believe in fate and I do not believe in a higher power. I do however believe in coincidence and I believe in timing, which is constantly overlooked in my eyes. When someone is hit by a bus it is because their path collided with that of a bus. Timing and circumstance should be held responsible. None of us know what will be the cause of our demise. All we know is that it is inevitable. And all I know is that when my day comes, I hope I go laughing.




It's not death you should fear.
Ds&Ps

No comments:

Post a Comment