Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Pat on the Back

I was at Liz's the other day, we were joking around and I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror which stopped my train of thought. At that moment I reached a new plateau in my life. At that moment I thought "You know..I'm happy with this guy, I'm happy with how he looks, how he thinks, how he carries himself. He's not done yet, but he's on his way." I've been through a lot in nearly two decades, hell I'm challenged and tested everyday. Whether it be a bad driver on the road or having my identity stolen. I've learned the emotional warrants of a majority of situations in the spectrum. I've made mistakes, terrible mistakes. I've lied, I've cheated I've the broken hearts of a lot of girls. I laughed in secret as they confessed their love for me and I reciprocated. I've set bridges a blaze used their fire to light a cigarette and watched them burn. I've lived my 20 years in two different bodies and have fallen victim to gluttony and bulimia. I've made my purpose to please others, to make them laugh in an effort to disguise my insecurities. It would be fair to say I've lived several lives and through my successes and failures I've learned a few lessons. I've learned to see this world and the race that inhabits it the way it exists. That is, the human race is as good as it is evil in every aspect. We have the power to create as we have the power to destroy it is what side of the choice we fall on that alters our perception. I've learned to always stay in control of your emotions in every situation. Always focus on solving the issue at hand, emotional instability will distort your vision of any goal. Moderation and priorities are essential no matter your endeavors. The list of traits necessary to survive on this earth grows each day. These lessons don't compose a complete list, they're simply the bread and water of those I've learned thus far. To reiterate, I have made many mistakes; yet I have learned from them so much so that I'm comfortable enough to not only acknowledge them but do so publicly. I believe that deserves a pat on the back.






"In order to survive you've got to learn to live with regrets."
Ds&Ps

No comments:

Post a Comment