Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Peter Pan


Today was ok, i didnt do what i planned to and im a bit disappointed, I went shopping and got everything i needed so i was pleased with that. About a half hour ago i started feeling extremely depressed. Its because at dinner i was eating Mahi Mahi, brockli, and salad while 3/4 things on my sisters plate were from the frozen food isle. My mom and I always tell her to monitor the types of food she consumes but shes 9 and doesnt really give a damn. It later dawned on me that i miss that. I miss the thoughts and beliefs of youth. I miss eating any food without knowing or caring about the effects it has on your body. I miss feeling like my parents room on the other end of the hall was a mile away. I miss feeling like i could get lost in my house. I miss being able to hide in just the right closet and knowing that no one would be able to find me. I miss when the consequences for wrong doing were going to bed early without desert. I miss looking up to my parents. I miss when they were the smartest people on earth, when they were the standard of truth, back when they had the answer to all my questions. I miss when my sister was a baby who spoke broken English and the worst thing she could do was mistakenly walk into the edge of a table. I miss how powerful i felt when i was the biggest kid in my grade. I miss not knowing the importance of making distinguished honor roll every quarter for 5 years. I miss when i thought there was some man in the sky who was always watching over me. I miss the support i got from my family when i told them i wanted to be a pro football player and go to Harvard. I miss having no concern about my appearance. I miss when i was still judged by whether or not i had the current game system. I miss how angry i got when losing to my dad in videogames. I miss when the pretend world my childhood friends and i created actually existed. i miss having to come inside when it got dark, quickly eating dinner and begging to go back outside. I miss the contests of who could catch the most fireflies in the summer, and who could build the best snow fort in the winter. I miss believing my dad was superman and my mother was an angel. I miss 3 different Christmases in one day, two different birthday celebrations on my birthday. I miss when pro athletes were heroes, I miss when i thought politicians fought only for good. I miss believing in a higher power. I miss not knowing what corruption was. I miss when i wasnt allowed to watch the news. I miss when drugs scared me. I miss recess. I miss believing i could be president. I miss not being stereotyped. I miss when every adult would smile at me when they passed. I miss being afraid of the dark. I miss when my mom or dad used to lay in bed with me until i fell asleep. I miss my berenstain bears books. I miss Lego's. I miss when they told me i was special, that i was different. I miss thinking i would always be a kid. I miss never being sad. I miss when the world seemed 10x's its actual side. I miss when going to the doctor or the dentist was fun because i knew i would be rewarded candy. I miss not caring about girls. I miss not knowing what poverty was. I miss not seeing color. I miss sneaking to watch Yo MTV Raps & R rated movies with the volume close to silent when my parents were upstairs. I miss not having a sexual appetite. I miss when life was simple, carefree,


I miss being innocent...



Peter had it figured out...

No comments:

Post a Comment